DAGÉKI WORLD KARATE CHAMPIONSHIP 2020
INFORMATION – INTERNATIONAL COMPETITOR / COACH
Any competitor (or coach) whose country of residency is not Canada is considered an international competitor (or coach).
Online Registration of International Competitors (outside Canada)
- Online Registration for the Dagéki 2020 will be from February 1 to April 15, 2020.
Visitor Visa for Canada
- Every international competitor (or coach) must himself apply for a Visitor Visa when required by Canada.
- At the express request of a competitor (or coach), the Dagéki 2020 Organizing Committee will email him an Invitation Letter to the Dagéki 2020 to be presented to the Canada Embassy in the country of residence of the competitor (or coach).
- IMPORTANT: The Dagéki 2020 Organizing Committee does not vouch for any visa demand. The invitation letter only confirms that the Dagéki World Karate Championship will be held on May 30 and 31, 2020 in Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC, Canada.
- International competitors (or coaches) who need a visa to enter Canada can contact the Organizing Committee to receive the Invitation Letter to the Dagéki 2020.
Health and Hospitalization Insurance Policy
- It is the responsibility of every international competitor to get an Insurance Policy that will cover health care and hospitalization costs that could be incurred following his participation in the Dagéki 2020.
- The Dagéki 2020 Organizing Committee will not, in any manner, be held responsible for injuries and hospital fees incurred by a competitor during the Championship.
- A proof of the competitor’s Health and Hospitalization Insurance Policy must be transmitted to the Dagéki 2020 Organizing Committee no later than April 15, 2020 to ensure his participation in the Championship
- It is the responsibility of all Elite Fighters (Knockdown) fill out and submit the online medical form no later than April 15, 2020 to complete their registration for the Championship.
Registration and Mandatory Weigh-in for Elite Fighters
- Three opportunities are offered:
- Friday, May 29, 18h00 to 20h00, at Holiday Inn Express in Vaudreuil-Dorion
- Saturday, May 30, 7h30 to 12h00, at Casgrain Sport Center
- Sunday, May 31, 7h30 to 9h00, at Casgrain Sport Center
- The Dagéki 2020 Organizing Committee has an agreement with a hotel located near the competition site (John Abbott College).
- Holiday Inn Express – Vaudreuil-Dorion
- Those interested must make their reservation directly with this hotel.
Transport from Pierre-Elliot-Trudeau Airport to the hotel
- The Dagéki 2020 Organizing Committee will provide transportation for international competitors (and coaches) from Montreal Airport to one of the hotels identified above.
- Competitors (and coaches) will need to provide the Committee with their flight itinary by email.
- A Sayonara Party will be held on Sunday evening, May 31.
- For any additional information